Marketing is the lifeblood of modern day business. Even in the days of traditional marketing practices, we had a number of methods like print and more to help us spread the message about our brand or business, hoping that it would help us reach the right people at the right time. With the evolution of social media and digital marketing as well as E Commerce, you do not merely have the tools to sell online, but you also have the tools to market yourself online before you make that sale. Now, let us look at how marketing online is different from marketing in traditional terms:
- You get to Choose your Audience: This would be one of the biggest advantages of digital marketing. On social media and with other tools like marketing automation, you can actually go right ahead and choose the audience that you specifically want to target. This makes it easier to make your targeting and reacher that much sharper and more efficient. This also ensures that you can reach the right people for multiple products so that lead generation becomes that much easier across a number of product groups.
- Larger and Wider Range of Audience is Available: With all the tools available online, you can actually tap into and reach so many more people than you would with a print or media advertisement or campaign. This is because it is free for people to be on social media and it takes less time to find and skim through even more information. This gives you a very large audience and a very wide one too, to play with. Therefore, it is even more crucial to have a good tool like marketing automation software so that you are able to pick and choose the right people rather than sifting through all that big data!
- Interactive and More Informative: Unlike traditional media, digital media and social media tools would help you interact with your audience. This gives you the basis to understand what your audience really wants even as it gives you a chance for higher engagement which enhances your chance of making a sale with each interaction that you have. Also, with this kind of interaction, you would be able to roll out a campaign that is based on the information that comes to you through these interactions.
These are only three of the benefits that we can find when we compare digital marketing and the digital marketplace with traditional forms of marketing and selling. Here too, we would find that it is easier to make even more sales per minute or hour and to a much wider audience across the globe. Yet, this also shows one very crucial downside. The word is competition.
With the rise of the benefits, more and more people have been flocking online in order to buy and sell. The wide range of information has also left people with less time to go over all the posts and the landing pages as well as websites. Therefore, attention is rewarded to those who stand out with just the right information that is articulated in the words of the ideal customer and audience group. How do we do this considering the data changes literally every season and trends come and go literally every single day? The answer to that is very simple: marketing automation software.
What is Marketing Automation Software?
Marketing automation is a tool that not only helps you understand what kind of tools you would need in order to make your presence felt on the digital scene. This would include activities that your campaign would have to fulfill across various platforms including landing pages, social media, email and much more. But would you be able to manually carry out each task for the vast audience base available to you online? That would be a strong No. That is where marketing automation comes in.
Now, marketing automation culminates into a platform or a software that you can easily use for your business. This software would help you find the relevant data to create campaigns that are driven by the same while tasks related to lead generation and nurturing are built into the system. This would create better team collaboration between the team members so that the work towards conversion can be done easily and seamlessly. Further, there would be less monotony in the tasks since the mundane ones would be automated within the system. Finally, a system of analytics and insights would help in knowing whether or not the team is on the right path and what it can do to correct its parameters and the direction it has taken.
It can seen quite clearly that a marketing automation software can organize one’s resources and help the team focus on core skills so as to close a deal.
Let us now look at the steps involved in doing the needful.
Steps for Marketing Automation:
- Know Your Goals: This would possibly be one of the foremost steps in order to create efficiency in your business with a marketing automation software. When you know the goals of your business, you would be able to set up the marketing automation process in a way that it would match the right data with the right functions for greater efficacy.
- Know Your Audience: Your segmentation would have to be on point so that you are able to cater to the needs of the marketing automation process. This would definitely help the marketing automation software do its job in a far more efficient manner since the data mining and the parameters as well as the metrics for marketing would also be set accordingly.
- Set Up Schedules: Whether it is a schedule for posting on social media, or sending out emails or even notifications to various clients and team members, make sure that you set the schedule that the marketing automation software would perform with.
- Finally, remember to check progress with insights.