I was designing a website for an educational institute and I wanted to add “click here for more details” panel which expands to show the hidden content. As usual I started hunting for the best wordpress plugin for collapsible content and within minutes I got a plugin which had all the required features i.e. Collapse-O-Matic. Here we have come up with the quick review of Collapse-O-Matic wordpress plugin along with a short tutorial on how to use it.
- 5 Super Cool Coming Soon Plugins for WordPress
- Top 5 Fresh and Free Image Slider Plugins for WordPress
Quick Review of Collapse-O-Matic WordPress Plugin
Collapse-O-Matic is an easy to use jQuery powered wordpress plugin that adds expanding and collapsing div in wordpress article. All you need is to write a bit of short code around the content you are going to hide which expands with a click. Below is the short tutorial on how to use Collapse-O-Matic plugin to add expanding and collapsing content in a wordpress article.
How to Add Collapsing Content with Collapse-O-Matic WordPress Plugin?
You can hide any content in the article with Collapse-O-Matic, no matter whether it is a simple paragraph, image or video, it is possible to add them in a expanding and collapsible div with Collapse-O-Matic wordpress plugin. Here is how to add a simple paragraph to expanding and collapsing div-
- Login to your WordPress admin area
- Go to “Plugin >> Add new” menu
- Search for “Collapse-O-Matic” plugin, install the same and activate it (direct link)
- Now you are ready to wrap your paragraph inside a collapsible area with Collapse-O-Matic shortcode
- Go to your article, write [expand title=”click here for more details”] above the paragraph and write [/expand] below the paragraph you are going to expand/ collapse.
- Once done, save the draft and preview the changes, you will see “click here for more details” link that expands and collapses your paragraph with the click.